Career. International Summer Program European Studies (16.07-13.08.2011, Austria; scholarships, application due 28.02 / 30.04)
The four week program offers high level European Studies course in the morning and German language courses for the international students in the afternoon. The European Studies courses are held in English and cover legal, political, and economic, but also historical and cultural aspects of the multiple transformations the continent is currently undergoing.
The Sommerhochschule was established in 1949, since then an International Summer Program for students from all over the world is offered every year.
- Target group: Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students from universities all over the world.
- Target aim: The program aims at contributing to an increased understanding of the EU and its possible future. It also encourages intercultural and social exchange and favours mutual understanding within the international student population.
- Requirements: Applicants have to be aged over 18 and must have completed two years at college or university level in their countries of residence or have an educational background equivalent to one year at a European university.
- Duration: July 16 – August 13, 2011
- Fees: € 2,900
- Scholarships: The Sommerhochschule offers a limited number of partial scholarships ranging from € 300 to € 2,400 for the International Summer Program every year. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and financial need.
- Application deadlines: Scholarship applications: February 28, 2011. Regular applications: April 30, 2011
Contact person: Nina Gruber, Program Coordinator
Further details can be found at the Sommerhochschule’s website. If you have any questions, please contact the Program Coordinator directly.
- Innovationszentrum Universität Wien – Sommerhochschule
- University Campus
- Alser Straße 4/Hof 1/Tür 1.16
- A-1090 Vienna, Austria
- Tel: +43-1-42 77-24 131
- Fax: +43-1-42 77-92 41
- Email: Sommerhochschule@univie.ac.at
Source: caleidoscop.org.ro http://unistudy.org.ua/events.htm?id=2682